Thursday, May 21, 2009

I stole...

this wonderful video. It made me wonder what Curt and I would do if we had made one like this. It'a nice reminder of "Pushing Daisies", a show that before I could really get into... had sadly been cancelled.

Enjoy.

Meet the Brockingtons

Monday, May 18, 2009

I love this.

I will admit... I love to dance.

Not in a "yo GabbaGabba" sense of the word, though sometimes it ends up looking that way. "My name is Shellee, I like to dance"

Anyway, I dance with Hayden all the time, I also do the actions for Dora the Explorer and Diego, too. This morning Hayden and I rescued Boots the Monkey from the sand trap. Yay us!

Anyway, I would love nothing more than to be involved with something like this:



I think this would be so much fun!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

And now... for the rest of the story...

I am thinking there is someone that I owe an explanantion to, but even more so, I need to document this so that I can remember it. I am shocked.

Curt and I were prayng for the answer if the surgery that we had decided on was and had already scheduled was the right thing to do. We felt confused and felt that this was the only optionn. Well, the best decision out of many.

So as the final consultation loomed near, we talked and talked about it until we were at the same place we started... nowhere. We were going to take the Dr's recommendation and move forward.

Then the day before, I had a "Tevye" talk with myself, (Many thanks to "Fiddler on the Roof" for being my favorite movie and teaching me to talk to myself.)and a few of the questions that kept coming up was "Why am I doing this?", "Who's decision is this really?" and "What's the rush if I'm not bleedng anymore?".

On one hand, it would be so nice to get rid of all the baby stuff knowing there wasn't a chance at another child, no more periods and hormonal stability.

One the other hand, I really didn't want to deal with a hysterectomy and explaining to people what happened, Curtis wasn't happy about the idea nad he really couldn't take off a whole lot of days off work. (There's a lot of stress there right now.)

So, I continued to pray and ask for answers. The morning of the appt, I was shocked at the answer I felt down to my toes, that this was NOT the right thing for me. I re-read my patriarchal blessing and felt even stronger that this wasn't right.

I really didn't say anything to Curt on the way to the appt, but I did tell him something about not getting it done. When the Dr walked in, I told him and asked him what the rush was and he said there wasn't any. He was veyr understanding and proceeded to lay out a plan to get my hormones back on schedule. So, was are trying that along with diet and exercise, to get things regulated.

As soo as the appt was over, Curt and I had this huge feeling of relief and joy. Not because the surgery was called-off, but because we know it will happen in the future and we are prepared.

I am still in pain, cramping and exhaustion, but there is no bleeding. That's good.